4.3L TBI on 3.8L Engine ?

Joe Boucher
Wed Oct 15 15:16:20 GMT 1997

alford-jw wrote:

> I inquired last week about putting some type of FI on my 3.8L V6 and
> several responded that I just get the SFI intake from a newer model
> camaro/firebird. Thanks to those who responded. I called around and
> those parts are expensive in the only junk yards I could find that
> had them.
>
> I have access to a 4.3L TBI setup for real cheap and was wondering what
> were the chances that I could tune that properly for use on a 3.8L
> engine ??
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jack Alford

If both engines have the same distributor system, both have distributors
or both are distributorless, then it should be doable.  If the 3.8 has a
uncontrolled HEI and the 4.3 has a small diameter distributor, then this
could cause some problems, but maybe that can be over come.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro   '81 TBI Suburban