Analog Meter capability

Joe Boucher
Thu Oct 16 18:44:44 GMT 1997

I was thinking about setting up a GM MAP sensor on my Camaro, complete
with a 5 volt signal, and trying to obtain some data relating manifold
pressure to throttle position and RPM.

Would an analog meter with 10k internal resistance require more power
than the sensor would put out?  I have a small 10 meg internal
resistance voltmeter, but I don't think this would work well. The
digital meter display wouldn't settle down enough to take readings.  The
analog would tend to dampen out some fluctuations.

Whatayathink?

Joe (Oscilliscope challenged) Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban