Radiator Cap

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Thu Oct 16 18:49:24 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:

> -j- denigrated

> >> I thought aeroplanes were air cooled ????
> >
> >Oh brother... not another one.
> >
> >-j-
> >
> (and I, foolishly, stuck it out again ;-)
>
> well  ....  aren't they ???  .... I mean, I know there's oil juicing
> around in there summers, and that's a coolant, but (not an aviator)
> never heard of a wawa cooled plane engine ??   (I mean, I thought that
> big fan in front was because it didn't have a radiator  ;-)   besides,
> where do you put the little radiator ??   hmmmmm ?  (After all,
> didn't Howard build the "Sprucey Goosey" outa wood so it'd float
> and do double duty ?)

Water cooled engines in aviation go all the way back to some of the
first powered flights. All along the way there has been water cooled
engines in airplanes. Ever see a Rolls or an Allison? Those might be a
couple of the more well known ones. Most little general aviation planes
you see at the airport have aircooled engines in them, but even so, I
still like them.

For a look at what some people consider to be the prefered method, have
a click on http://www.johnny-enterprises.com/

-j-