Op Amp 101

Steve Lamb lambs at hotblk.dsto.defence.gov.au
Fri Oct 17 04:58:54 GMT 1997

>You can smoothen out the rumpity idle by placing a vacuum canister between
>the manifold and the MAP sensor.  Only heard of it being done, never tried it
>myself.  Any ideas of dimentions out there.

I would think that a canister would introduce too much 'lag' (depending on
the size).  If this is to solve fluctuations of vac at idle I would try
experimenting with restrictors in the vac line (starting at say 1mm diam).
Certainly worked for me (and is also recommended by MOTEC, BTW).

Cheers

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089