1995 BMW DME

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Fri Oct 17 05:59:49 GMT 1997

At 10:21 PM 10/16/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Second, does the binary image for this ECU need to be "unfolded" as in
>the discussion of the motronic 1.1 in the archive? I would guess that
>this is so that the code can be DA at address 8000h and therefore
>generate proper labeling and other addressing. In addition is the number
>of bytes to unfold still 2k or is it greater?

 Which ECU.. all the ones I know of.. 990, 282, 357 all are M1.7.2 and
 are "folded"... they are NOT 8051, but 80515 with a lot more registers

 Even M1.1 was the 8052

>The whole reason for even taking on this project is to be able to fine
>tune the fuel and timing when I put forced induction on. Yes I do have
>some formulas for computing the correct fuel ratios for given
>efficiencies and displacements and a a/f meter is readily available.

 What are you trying to do.. exactly.. maybe I can help!

 This is what I do for a living.. I developed a Win95 tuning tool for
 Motronic that can even resize the injectors with the click of a mouse
 Even BOSCH does not have that capability!!

 You need to tell me.. Hardware #, and Software # to start..

 0 261 20x xxx from the DME cover and 1 267 35x xxx from the EPROM label

 Jim Conforti
 Managing Engineer
 Bonneville Motor Werks

 (soon to be at: http://www.bonnevillemotorwerks.com)