4.3L TBI on 3.8L Engine ?

Joe Boucher
Fri Oct 17 18:19:01 GMT 1997

Alain Toussaint wrote:

> beside that,i think the 3.8 is a 60 degree v motor while the 4.3 is a 90
> degree (i would question the
> compatibility of these distributor)

Good clairification point.  There is no way the two distributors could
be switched from one engine to the other without some major
modification.  I was trying to point out if the same type of
distributor, or distributorless system, is on each engine, then the swap
will be much simplier.  The worse case would be if the 3.8 has a stand
alone HEI with vacuum advance and the 4.3 has the small diameter,
computer advance controled distributor.