FW: wiring harness ?

Atkinson, David DATKINSO at COSMPDGATE.CO.SYMBIOS.COM
Fri Oct 17 21:34:48 GMT 1997

I made my own - for less than $20 (but I had the connectors
already.)  Just get some good stranded 18 or 20 guage wire,
make sure you get different color combos so you can easily
identify the connections, SOLDER everything (don't use butt
connectors or you'll regret it), and use heat shrink tubing to
keep the gremlins out.  Mine's been festering in the valley of
my hi-rise intake for some time now and I've had no problems.

You can probably fool the computer by using pull-up resistors
to imitate good signals as inputs for the sensors you aren't
using - search around on the web, call TPIS, Electromotive,
Lingenfelter, Force, SDS, or anybody else you can get a
number for to find out what signals you need to imitate.  I'm
not certain how feasible this is, but if possible, it sure beats
the hell out of reprogramming your ECU.

p.s. From your email, looks like this may go on a 4x4?
If so, lemme tell you man is it great to go straight up a hill
and never have to worry about your engine bogging and
dying 'cause your carb is sloshing all around.  IMHO, that's
the most important benefit of EFI.

 Dave