4.3L TBI on 3.8L Engine ?

Christopher G. Moog cgmoog at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 17 23:53:22 GMT 1997

tyuhas at neurobio.arizona.edu wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the GM 3.8 V6 is a 90 degree motor. Their 2.8/3.1/3.4
> family is 60 degree.
>
> So if both motors are 90 degree, can you use the other's firing
> order if they happen to be different?
>
> Terrill

  Both are 90 degree.  The 3.8 used to be odd-fire in the early 70's
(common crank pin) they are now even fire (offset pins for each rod).
Not sure if the 4.3 uses common throw or not.  If not then the firing is
not even (120 degree apart as is the 3.8L) firings would be 90 degrees
and 150 degrees.  If the distributors fit you should be able to change
them not sure if the funky firing intervals would work for the computer.