Turbo control in a GM ECM

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Fri Oct 24 12:52:12 GMT 1997

Jeffrey Engel wrote:

> Are you guys sure that vaccuum is used to actuate the wastegate?
> It's possible I'm sure, but under boost there's pressure and more of
> it until the 'gate needs to open up.  Sure would seem logical to use
> pressure.  Of course, we are talking about GM here. . .
>
>                                   Mark Twain
Don't know GM turbos , but vacuum holding the waste gate open would
allow boost with no vacuum.
More likely scenario is whatever vacuum source is used for the power
brakes is used for waste gate operation. Not aware of GM using hydraulic
boost on these vehicles.
--
                             _/\_

Remove the R from E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys