V6 TBI Vesrus V8 TBI

John Zarli jzarli at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 27 03:33:14 GMT 1997

Hlynur Tomasson wrote:

> Has anyone ever swaped a 4.3 V6 TBI for a 350/350 V8 in a Chevy truck,
> if so could you tell me if some or all (including computer & sensors) of
> the TBI system from the V6 can be used on the 350 engine.
> Thanks in advance
> H. Tomasson
Hlynur, I'm about 2 weeks away! The V8 engine is built except for some
Crane roller rockers that should arrive Monday.  The significant
differences are that the motor mounts are in different positions
relative to the transmission. Same distance from front of motor, less
those 2 pistons. Electrically the engines are identical save for the
memcal & eprom that plug in to the cpu. The V6 has smaller injector
ratings.  Most 88(?) & up V6 have  hydraulic roller lifters for thecam
vs the plain old hydraulic lifters in the V8's. The motor I have built
uses a larger 2" bore from a big block TBI, along with a ZZ3 hydraulic
roller cam. If it works out, I'll probably be bragging all over the
internet.....if not I'll probably be begging for help all over the
internet.(g)..Stay tuned.