V6 TBI Vesrus V8 TBI

Hlynur Tomasson hlynurt at treknet.is
Mon Oct 27 18:36:40 GMT 1997

John Zarli wrote:

> Hlynur Tomasson wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone ever swaped a 4.3 V6 TBI for a 350/350 V8 in a Chevy truck,
> > if so could you tell me if some or all (including computer & sensors) of
> > the TBI system from the V6 can be used on the 350 engine.
> > Thanks in advance
> > H. Tomasson
> Hlynur, I'm about 2 weeks away! The V8 engine is built except for some
> Crane roller rockers that should arrive Monday.  The significant
> differences are that the motor mounts are in different positions
> relative to the transmission. Same distance from front of motor, less
> those 2 pistons. Electrically the engines are identical save for the
> memcal & eprom that plug in to the cpu. The V6 has smaller injector
> ratings.  Most 88(?) & up V6 have  hydraulic roller lifters for thecam
> vs the plain old hydraulic lifters in the V8's. The motor I have built
> uses a larger 2" bore from a big block TBI, along with a ZZ3 hydraulic
> roller cam. If it works out, I'll probably be bragging all over the
> internet.....if not I'll probably be begging for help all over the
> internet.(g)..Stay tuned.
Thank you for your input,
The truck I'm dealing with is 1992 Astro Van. My plan is to buy a new
350/350 for the Astro. At this moment my main concern is the setup for
the TBI, witch components I can recycle from the V6 4.3L engine & what I
have to buy additionally.
Are you saing that the computers are identical V8 & V6?
Are you building your engine from scratch by some special recipe? Please
tell me more about your setup.
H. Tomasson