[Fwd: Re: What is this list for?] Well, I tried & it bounced

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Mon Oct 27 22:57:52 GMT 1997

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:02:54 -0800
From: Terry Martin <terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca>
To: mrmazda at gate.netT
Subject: Re: What is this list for?

Felix Miata wrote:

> DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
> >
> > DIY_EFI Digest           Saturday, 25 October 1997     Volume 02 : Number 383
> >
> > In this issue:
> >
> >         Re: o2 meter
> >         Re: Top end lean out(1200 turbo)
> >         Re: rad and coolant...

> Please!

There, isn't that better? All it took was please. :) As for the below,
apologies extended. I did not intend to post it to the group, nor did I
intend it to come as harsh as it did. Sometimes civility is lost through
absence of personal proximity, and othertimes through pure ignorance. I
plead both, and am normally a reasonably civilized sort.

> > So how come 90% of your posting is typical religious bullshit? Inject
> > this, doofus, and have some thoughts of your own.

> Because I post useful and positive. What I could contribute about EFI
> wouldn't likely help anyone here. My primary purpose for utilizing this
> list is learning EFI, not cooling systems, of which I already know all I
> need and care to.

You claim to know all you "need" to about cooling systems. I, for one,
learned a lot from the dialogue on the group, including having it
pounded home that an engine is a system, of which every sub-system
affects the whole. Perhaps you need to know more about cooling systems
to see the context within the EFI group.

> Do you know who Patrick Henry was Terry?

I believe I do, and I will check. There are many people I don't know,
however, if they have taken a noteworthy place in history by
articulating a worthwhile concept for the first time on record, I have
probably run across a reference, at least to the concept.

Ignorance is not knowing what you are talking about, stupidity is not
realizing it. I realize I don't know you from a hole in the ground, and
hence plead ignorance, not stupidity.

Peace,
Terry