Searching for ISO9141 protocol information

avos at cochlear.com.au avos at cochlear.com.au
Wed Oct 29 00:45:23 GMT 1997

     Hi,

     I am searching for information on the ISO9141 protocol. If I could get
     a copy of the specification that would be great, but if anyone knows
     information and is willing to email me, that would also be good.

     I have noticed that a dianostic software package that complies to
     ISO9141 uses an RS-232 port to connect to the OBD connector. From this
     I assume that it is some sort of serial protocol, and at a guess, I
     would say that it is similar to ALDL (but I am unsure whether it is
     single or double wire: full-duplex or half-duplex). I would like to
     know the baud rate and data format is, and get any information on the
     actual protocol data messages used.

     I think I have read the protocol is available to the public, but I
     havn't seen it yet, and therefore you probably have to pay for it
     which I would rather not do. If anyone has a copy of the protocol, or
     has information on the protocol, and they are willing to give me some
     information, it would be appreciated.

     Thanks in advance,

     Adrian