In car power supply

Mark Fabiny mfabiny at flash.net
Wed Oct 29 19:50:53 GMT 1997

Be sure to look at the data sheets closely on the Power Trend stuff.  I
wanted to use one of their switching regulators on a 28V (32Vmax)
natural gas efi system.  Unfortunately, the devices I needed weren't
rated to 125C (under hood) temperature.  Granted, I was dissipating more
power then you will by going from 32V input to 5V output, and you might
not be mounting yours under the hood.  So they might work for you.  Just
something to check on.  Call Power Trends application engineers - they
were very helpful when I talked with them.

BTW, switching regulators in general are more prone to EMI than linear
regulators, at least in my experience.

Mark

<snip>