Please Help: To lean? (slightly off topic)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Fri Oct 31 15:50:17 GMT 1997

>Now the engine misfires initially on acceleration, unless you accelerate
>real real slowly. I have lived with this problem for a little while now,
>not able to find the cause (i rebuilt the motor, but just cleaned the
>carbs). The engine has always backfired (poped) on anything but ultra slow
>decelartion in gear, but with the choke fully on, it doesnt backfire?
>
>Does it sound like a problem with the carbs (assuming the rest of the
>motor is ok)?

Well Jeremy, to me it sounds more like an ignition timing issue than
anything... while I'm definately not a Weber carb guru, if your engine is
misfiring on acceleration and backfiring on deceleration, your timing might
be off something in the range of 5 degrees...

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive Mailing List
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html
1989 AG Hummer 4-Door
1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
2000 Mid-Engine Sports Car <smile>

Seeking info on: Audi 5k Locking Diffs, Audi 5k trans bolt pattern, and
17x11" rims.

---