fuel filter fittings

Charles Morgan cmorgan at efn.org
Fri Oct 31 15:50:27 GMT 1997

At 01:43 AM 10/31/97 -1000, Shannen Durphey wrote:

>  Well, bad luck so far.  At this point I haven't been able to find any
"generic", or
>unbent tubing with these type of flares, and the fitting are not available
seperately.
>If you need a fuel line from GM, it looks like you have to buy it for the
specific make
>and model.  And no tool numbers, as I haven't found any tools.  But I'm not
giving up
>yet!!  Also, from time to time I've seen postings on this list from someone
who works for
>GM Powertrain div.  I wonder if GM Powertrain outsources these fittings.
If they are
>really called Saginaw fittings, maybe I'll have to find a number for
Saginaw division.  At
>last! a true challenge.

In an earlier post I mentioned that Accel makes a Saginaw->hose barb
fitting.  I should have also mentioned that they make jumper lines, 12"
long, either 3/8" or 5/16", that have Saginaw fittings at one end (part no
74731).  These jumper lines could be connected to existing lines with
compression fittings.

Charlie Morgan