Weld-L's

Brock and Jennifer Fraser fraser at netten.net
Tue Sep 2 04:02:44 GMT 1997

>You can buy pipe pieces called "Weld-L's" from hydraulic shops.
>Heavy wall tubing pieces bent into 45,90,180 degree bends.
>
>They come in stainless if desired. I havn't used them yet but
>A guy at one of the turbo engineering outfits recomended
>them to me for building a custom exhaust to feed a turbo.
 mild then building the permanant unit in stainless.

>BTW they are CAST not tubing. SO they are fairly beefy.

Does anybody have a source for these "weld-L's"?  I've called the local
hydraulic supply houses and they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
I've done a web-search as well, but come up empty, only to find thin-wall
tubing.

Either stainless or "mild" would be great for my exhaust plumbing
application.  I'd like something that's about 1.5" I.D.  I don't know what
kind of wall thicknesses we are talking about for these "weld-L's"...

Thank you,

Brock Fraser
fraser at netten.net