Renault FI?

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 20:58:15 GMT 1997

In message <199709021515.KAA13633 at camelot.dsccc.com>, Mark Taschek
<mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com> writes

>> >AMC / RENIX system - a unit all it's own. I was looking for my manual- seam
>> >to have misplaced it
>> >
>> I don't know about over in the US, but in the UK and mainland Europe
>> Renault used the Renix multiport injection on the 2.2 litre engine used
>> on the Renault 25.  I think that the turbo versions of the Renault V6
>> used Renix as well.  (The non-turbo versions used K-jetronic)
>> --
>> Chris Morriss
>>

>////////////////////////
>
>Chris are you living in the UK and what else do you know about the
>Renix multiport box?? and are there any contacks there that you know of??
>
>Mark Taschek
>mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com

I don't know the box at all unfortunately.  I have a carb Renault Alpine
GTA with the 2.8L V6 and am intending to convert it to EFI.  I need a
source for the weld-in injector mounts in the UK so that I can modify
the very free flowing inlet manifold that Renault used on the V6 engines
that were equipped with K-jetronic injection.  Or has somebody on this
list got an EFI manifold for the Renault V6 that they could sell me?
The breakers yards don't seem to have any.

There is a chapter on Renix in Jan Norbye's book on the history of fuel
injection.
--
Chris Morriss