valve needed

Brad Sheridan sheridan at vanceandhines.com
Wed Sep 3 15:48:58 GMT 1997

>>>The later (K-E Jetronic) version uses a balance valve, which is NOT pwm
>>>controlled but a basic moving coil type analog device, to vary the pressure.
>>>This unit also has an aluminum fuel distributor housing, rather than the
>>>cast iron. It is used on the FOX, made in Brazil and imported to north
>>>america for several years - as well as other models I have not yet
>>>identified.
>>
>>>This would be my first choice, if I can aquire one at a reasonable cost in
>>>the near future.
>>
>> It shouldn't be too difficult to get a fuel distributor in good shape from
>>a salvage yard. I've got a decent bit of info on the differential pressure
>>regulator used on this system at home. I'll dig it up if you're interested.
>>

>The problem up here is if the engine runs, or may run, they won't sell parts
>off of it.

Then I would recommend looking elsewhere :)

 There's a few VW related sites on the web that have classifieds with parts
for sale, although I don't have the addresses handy. There are also a few
people who can get you pricing info on good used ones, one would be Virtual
World Parts, located in SoCal, I don't have the web address handy but a
search for it should find it. Also Adirondack Auto Brokers, located in NY,
has a web site, you'll have to search for it too. If you pick up a copy of
European Car(magazine),
there are quite a few companies that advertise used parts and a re located
all over the country.

Brad