BMW late 320 / early 318 with MSD 6A

Lawrence S. Harris III lharris at crl.com
Wed Sep 3 20:00:07 GMT 1997

I would like to hear from anyone who has connected a late (80-83) BMW
320 or 84-85 318 to an MSD ignition.  I need to know what the proper
phasing is on the distributor in order for the MSD to trigger properly
and fire when the rotor is contacting the cap properly.

This is all on my EFI 2002, which I am now trying to get running.
Unfortunately I seem to have a bad distributor, because timing is jumping
all over the place no matter how I phase things.  The distributor does
seem to have excessive end play in the shaft, which I think is partially
contributing toward my problem.  The car wants to run, but very poorly
regardless of where I point the distributor.

Has anyone triggered an MSD 6A with this distributor?  Please contact me!

Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice)
'86 Mustang LX 5.8 Coupe (168K)
'82 BMW 635CSi Euro (131K)       '76 BMW 2002 EFI Project
Meyers Tow'd Dune Buggy (1776cc) '83 Toyota Tercel SR-5 (214K)