electroluminescent displays (was Re: fluorescent displays

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 3 20:24:53 GMT 1997

><< maybe I'm looking for electroluminescent displays ???
>
> I want cockpit readouts -- would like to have the nice
> displays that are in the radios and clocks -- where and how ?? >>
>
>Do you mean something like those indiglo faces that are used on watches? I've
>been hoping that someone would make gauges using indiglo-type faces...they
>are super bright and also very cool looking!  :)
>(Is it just plastic with a neon light shining through it?)

 could be the electroluminescent ... I'm trying to learn too

>Van

no, I wanna make some nice gauges without using red, yellow,
green or blue LED's  .... there's some nice looking gages in
the Summit catalog for $69 each not including the sensor ...
they may be Cyberdyne, don't have that catalog with me, but I
see Cyberdyne vacuum fluorescent gauges for $50 each plus sensors.

I can do the LED gages -- wanted to know how to do the
fluorescent or electroluminescent -- checked the web, lotsa
stuff and no particulars (or prices ... or even real parts ??)

Apparently there's chips that drive the vacuum fluorescent
displays directly -- but which ones ??  It's my understanding
that those displays take 80 to 150 volts to operate them, but
izzat so ??

Tom Cloud

       All generalizations are false (there are NO absolutes)