electroluminescent displays (was Re: fluorescent displays

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Wed Sep 3 21:05:04 GMT 1997

Tom Cloud wrote:

> I want cockpit readouts -- would like to have the nice
> displays that are in the radios and clocks -- where and how ??
>
> Tom Cloud
>
>        All generalizations are false (there are NO absolutes)

insert... & who cuts the barber's hair?

I have the entire dash cluster out of a '95 Caprice (ex cop car), and
the speedo etc, looks like something that might work. My 13 yr old went
nuts when I told him he could have it when I'm done. It's got more crap
on it than a widebody cockpit, and it's all invisible unless it's on,
backlighting, blah, blah, (29 conductors on two plugs).  Plus it has
analog fuel, oil press, batt & coolant temp. The cockpit business makes
methinks I hear Ultra-light or home-built wings?

Terry

I'd like to know if anyone has resolved x2+y2=z2 for x<>3, y<>4, z<>5.