Injectors resistance

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Thu Sep 4 17:42:26 GMT 1997

At 07:14 PM 9/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

The moto part is hard to find, and somewhat expsive in low qty. If you are
going to do saturated injectors, ie, the high impedance type (not 2 ohms)
you can run the National LM1951 1Amp driver. It has the built in zener, and
is short proof. I tried one and it seems to work great. They are a bit
costly too in low qty, but you can get them from DIGIKEY. If you want to
drive the low impedance injectors, then you can use one of the PCB and
related components that are on the EFI332 ftp site, the file is SUBDRV.???
or something of that nature.

Sandy Just a note-  National semi is real good about free samples. They
have 1949's now - at least they finally got me mine. The things do the 1/4
current back off for hold current - which I don't think the '51's do.

Got a couple of rails of LM1949's. I love the part. I was the one that
designed the Quad Ignition/Injection Boards that is on the FTP site. The
nice thing about the LM1951 was that it is a low part count driver that
works great for non-peak and hold injectors. Can't short it out, and no
expensive zener needed. Seems it's day's are numbered...

Sandy