electroluminescent displays (was Re: fluorescent displays

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Thu Sep 4 20:39:45 GMT 1997

Terry Martin wrote:

> Tom Cloud wrote:
> > I want cockpit readouts...

> insert... & who cuts the barber's hair?
>
> I have the entire dash cluster...
> Terry
>
> I'd like to know if anyone has resolved x2+y2=z2 for x<>3, y<>4, z<>5.

Ahem. It's a good thing nobody reads this stuff, particularly with me
going on about the precision of math as the language of science and all.

The above was to refer to "Fermat's Last Theorum". I was intelligently
informed by someone with a fair bit of patience, not to mention
knowlege, and discretion, that what I had posted was pretty much
attributable to Pythagorus, and provided the proof. DUH, or Dooh!,
whichever.

Generally it was supposed to be this: x^n + y^n = z^n where n>2, and
Fermat proposed that there were no non-zero integer values that would
produce a solution to the equation. He did provide a proof for the
exception of n=4.

Nobody even asked about the barber's hair bit. :-)

This has been a test of the stupidity broadcast channel. It is only a
test.

Terry