Dud injector ??......Help

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Fri Sep 5 01:49:45 GMT 1997

On Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:12:45 +1200, Simon Quested
<questeds at whio.lincoln.ac.nz> wrote:

>The PSU was set to 12V but when I pulsed the injector it would drop=20
>to 10v, the current was reading 4 amps
>
>The resistance across the injector is 2.4 ohms=20

"Oh oh", as the guy on the baked beans commercial would say.

You're on ta something dude. You've just confirmed Ohms law! No,
seriously, it all matches up, the drop across 2.4 ohms with 4A flowing
SHOULD be 9.6V (close enough to 10V for jazz). So, IF the injector
didn't open, sounds like you got a stuck puppie; but take heart, the
solenoid winding is still intact, so mebe you could free the injector
pintle if you tried some ultrasound and a good cleaning solution, or
whatever the injector ER guys do when they go into cardiac arrest.

Garfield