electroluminescent displays (was Re: fluorescent displays

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 01:38:15 GMT 1997

Well...I don't know much about the differences between different lighting
systems here...but I have always wondered if someone could make an analog
gauge with indiglo faces. So in the daytime the gauge would look like your
typical white-faced (or possibly other colors as I have seen indiglo watches
with black and yellow faces) analog gauge, but at night the whole circular
gauge will be glowing blue. I don't think that the technology is that
expensive as I have seen some of those indiglo timexes go for like under 25
bucks....and the glow looks great in the dark! Maybe someone can start up a
company offering some indiglo-ish gauges...or refer the idea to autometer or
such. I'm sure there would be a market out there if for any reason, just
because the gauges would look super cool at night!  :)
Actually, I think a japanese manufacturer (I think it was K's) offers indiglo
gauges... but that's only in japan.

Van