Fuel Pressure.....what to use ?

James Weiler james at brc.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 9 01:30:19 GMT 1997

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Simon Quested wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied
>
> > Idle presure should be the same in a turbo motor or NA application since
> > there is no boost at idle.  The more important question is how are you
> > going to manage fuel under boost? i.e. you are adding more air so how are
> > you adding more fuel?
>
> The ecu will take care of that, I'm going to running an O2 sensor so
> I can keep and eye on the mixture. if it gets to low I run a 5th
> injector parallel the water injector.

How is the ECU going to take care of that?  Especially at WOT?  What will
control your 5th injector? What are you using for an intercooler?  Hope
you don't mind the prying questions, I'm in the middle of "maximum boost"
by Corky Bell.  Great book. I'd recomend it if you don't have it.

Why the water injection?  Intercooling, proper fuel and spark management
should rule out the need for water injection.  What's up?

see ya
jw