Habanero

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Sun Sep 14 06:26:56 GMT 1997

Land Shark wrote:

> At 02:32 AM 9/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >What's Habanero?
>
>  Best damn chile' pepper on the planet
>
>  Hottest, too!...
>
>  It tastes a bit like an apricot, right before
>  the wall of flame gets you...
>
>  I personally LOVE them.. but like diy-efi
>  they are not for everyone...
>
>  *grin*

Thanks to all that replied about this. I thought the name sounded very
familiar, but I couldn't place it until you guys gave the description. A
buddy of mine who now lives in Oregon has a little green house in his
back yard and grows all kinds of exotic peppers. He is very knowledgable
about peppers and even gets like a pepper periodical. He is the one that
had mentioned these to me some time ago and the name stuck but I
couldn't remember from where.

I really love hot food so I'll have to give these a try.

I beg to differ on milk being the cool down though. I have found that
for me chinese tea is the best. If you really want to burn, chug
something carbonated. For extreme extended burning, swish the carbonated
beverage around in your mouth before swallowing. Like throwing gas on
the fire ;)

-j- (all of a sudden in the mood for a creole dish of some sort)