o2 sensors in Australia

Bruno! b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun Sep 14 07:47:48 GMT 1997

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone in austrlia knows of where i can find a heated
o2 sensor that isn't stupidly expensive. This sounds open ended, as there
are different options i might try:

1) from a ford or holden (gm) dealer. are the sensors on these cars (the
gm 3.8l in particular) heated?

2) aftermarket. I haven't done *too* much looking in this department,
only that i've found a couple of exhaust shops want 150 bucks for an
unheated o2 senor, and about 250 for a heated one (i think)

3) from a wreck, i.e. jpanese import. There are a few importers in aus,
though i'm a bit dubious about these sensors, as they are in unknown
condition, and i may be paying for a dud.

Is there another option i've missed?

I'll be running the sensor at the collector of the four pipes on my car
most likely, which is about one metre (sic :)) from the exhaust port,
hence the need for the heated o2. i'm running leaded petrol right now,
and may migrate to unleaded every once in a while, to keep the o2 clean.

Thanks, and seeya,

		 Bruno. (b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au)

                On the internet, no-one can hear you scream.