No Subject

Seth n9540517 at cc.wwu.edu
Mon Sep 15 05:57:24 GMT 1997

Okay, I have a question. eric will probably know as he has dabbled dep in
the VW parts bin.  I am going to use the guts of an Audi 5000 distributor
with the hall effect sensor to determine engine phase for my 68HC11
project.  Does anyone know if it will run off 5v, or does it need 12v?
5v is nicer for my schmitt trigger.  Just being lazy and seeing if anyone
knows off the top of their head, rather than trying.  By the way, I am
making my own wheel for it, as the 5 tooth running at 1/2 engine speed
woudn't give me much useful info.

Seth Allen

ps- anyone know where I can find a cross compiler for the 68HC11 that
runs on a 68k mac?  At 16Mhz, (Mac IIX) it's getting a bit slow for
websurfing...