Muscle Car Fuel Injection

Paul Tholey pft101 at psu.edu
Mon Sep 15 19:55:24 GMT 1997

I have subscribed to the efi listserv and have found little mention of
muscle car fuel injection.  I am trying to design fuel injection for a 1971
Duster.  The engine is a 360.  I am working on designing a cross ram
injection using a custom made sheet metal intake manifold.
        I am in the beginning stages of this design.  The Corvette cross
fire injection was my inspiration for this.  The small block chevy and mopar
both have the same firing order so I was contemplating using a cross fire
computer.  I have found that most of these cross fire cars ran poorly.  Does
anyone know why?  Should I gear my design away from a throttle body?  I
would like to.
        I am intimidated by most of the postings.  If anyone is
compassionate enough to lend some guidance I would love to return the favor.
I am capable of creating any custom sheet metal style aluminum intake manifolds.