New Member Saying Hello

Tony Parker tgparker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 15 21:46:00 GMT 1997

I am extremely interested in getting full information on On-Board Car
Computers (Also Known As) ECM, ECU, PCM, SBCD, EFI, FI.

This is not to be confused with Laptops or other CPU devices strapped to
the dashboard but not connected to the Car
Fuel/Ignition/Exhaust/Transmission system and used only for business or
entertainment!

I have been a Computer Tech & Consultant for 18 years in a neighborhood
("Hell's Kitchen") in New York City that is dominated by car
dealerships, repair-shops, and parts suppliers. The projects described
on both the DIY_EFI and EFI332 project decribed on the websites look
fascinating and I can't wait to settle on something that I can start
with.

Can anyone suggest a good "beginner" project for a "newbie" like myself
to get his teeth into?

Some of my automotive neighbors have suggested that I investigate the
area of service, repair, trouble-shooting, diagnosing, customizing and
programming, car on-board computers.

In beginning this quest, I would be extremely grateful if anyone could
e-mail any hints, tips, leads, that would e-mail me any company names,
phone-numbers, e-mail addresses, Other related NewsGroups or URLS for
info on the following:

1.)On-Board Car Computer OEM Manufacturers.

2.)On-Board Car Computer OEM Spare & Rplacement Parts Distributors &
Depots.

3.)On-Board Car Computer Service & Repair Centers.

4.)On-Board Car Computer Service & Repair Manuals.

5.)On-Board Car Computer Service and Repair Training Centers.

6.)On-Board Car Computer Used & Refurb Centers.

Please respond by direct e-mail to tgparker at worldnet.att.net or via this
NewsGroup

Thanks

or Call Tony Parker at 212-582-9120