[Fwd: I Want to Be a Star on the diy_efi Web Page]

Johnny johnny at johnny-enterprises.com
Tue Sep 16 01:43:12 GMT 1997

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:37:54 -0400
To: allnight at everett.net
From: Tom <tbuehrl at CLEMSON.EDU>
Subject: I Want to Be a Star on the diy_efi Web Page

I am a Clemson U. Student in Clemson, SC.  My Formula Society of Automotive
Engineers team is building a formula car to compete in May.  We are using a
600 cc 4 cylinder, 4 stroke motorcycle engine.  We are designing a
fuel-injected intake.

I am looking for info. on a fuel pump and injectors for this baby.

fuel pump capacity is about 10 gallons/hour = 60-65 lbs./hour

injector capacity is 15-18lb/hr

If you could give me some numbers, I'd really appreciate it!

More about the car project:

These cars have lots of rules concerning safety, design, and includes using
a 22 mm restrictor plate!!

It consists of about 90 schools for U.S. and Brazil competing in Detroit in
May.  This is our first year racing and we want it to be fun.  The cars can
pull 1.3 g's on a skidpath, and 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.

Tom Buehrle
Clemson U. FSAE
tbuehrl at clemson.edu