L-Jetronic boxes

Charles cmorris at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 16 02:44:01 GMT 1997

	Has anyone tried modifying a Bosch L-Jetronic ECU to give
different characteristics?=20
	The L-Jet Web page which has also been mentioned here (at
www.students.tut.fi/~k124775/injection.html) lists the function of
many important resistors.
	Other than these resistors, the L-Jets all appear to be basically
the same inside.
	All the resistors of interest (in the several I have looked
inside of) are mounted on terminals about 1/4" above the board - it
looks like they were intended to be changed for different engine and
injector sizes.
	Any ideas? I need a new box for my '81 BMW 745i (Bosch 0 280 001
124 or 127), and they are extremely rare. On the other hand, 733i
boxes are readily available.
Thanks.
-Charles
cmorris at ix.netcom.com