fuel flow sensing

sdelanty at sonic.net sdelanty at sonic.net
Tue Sep 16 04:42:10 GMT 1997

>>I'm sure that most manufacturers do this like Ford does.  There is no=20
>>actual sensor in the fuel system.
>
>OK, so my interest in the Commodore sensor wasn't so "overly
>particular". Maybe it's kinda unique? Hope not.
>
>Let me rephrase the question, then. Can anyone point out an auto likely
>found in the US that DOES use an actual fuel sensor like this thing
>JustinA refered to? Plus, his original post refered to something that
>was on a carb's system. I'm keen to find something like that.
>
>Anyone with further hints, please carry on.

  Yes, Ford has used these sensors.
 An ex-girfriend had an early 80's (82-83?) Ford T-bird with a *carbureted*
 3.8 liter V6.  It had the trip/mileage stuff on the dash and a fuel flow
 meter in the fuel line between the carb and the mechanical fuel pump.
 It's near the front of the motor and it's got a couple wires coming out of
it...
 That's about all I remember. It's been several years ago, and I tried to
 spend as little time as possible under the hood of that one...

 Go to the wreckers and look for some 80's carbureted T-birds or Lincolns
 that have the mileage meter stuff...

   Steve

 Steve Delanty  <sdelanty at sonic.net>

  "If You pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite You.
  This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
                                -Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar.