fuel injections for motorcycles

Dick Protus djp at comlab.gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 16 19:27:56 GMT 1997

> Hi there,
>
> is on of you working on - or already finished with a fuel injection for
> a motorbike?
>
> #-) cbh

	I'm working on one for my Honda F3, but the motor is basicaly a smaller,
higher revving version of an automotive 4 cylinder.
	I've had experience using an electromotive on this engine, but I have
"issues" with the electromotive setup.  1)If you want a rev limit, the
highest the software allows is 12000RPM, stock redline is 13500.  2)Software
only allows for max of 60 degrees of total advance.  3) It is a pain to
fit the required 60-2 timing wheel to the crank.
	Injectors small enough are hard to find unless you run a low fuel
pressure (around 25-35psi).
	Also, be prepared for tech info people at fuel injection places to
not be used to your application.  Not many engines make 3hp per cubic inch,
or make 100+Hp on 120cfm of air.

dick protus