fuel injections for motorcycles

Christian B. Hoelzle choelzle at c-s-k.de
Tue Sep 16 21:05:04 GMT 1997

Dick Protus wrote:

> > Hi there,
> >
> > is on of you working on - or already finished with a fuel injection
> for
> > a motorbike?
> >
> > #-) cbh
> >
>         I'm working on one for my Honda F3, but the motor is basicaly
> a smaller,
> higher revving version of an automotive 4 cylinder.
>         I've had experience using an electromotive on this engine, but
> I have
> "issues" with the electromotive setup.  1)If you want a rev limit, the
> highest the software allows is 12000RPM, stock redline is 13500.

the CBX has its highest RPM with 9600 (so the engine does somthing aroud
11000 without any harm). But it is good to know those things - thanks

> 2)Software only allows for max of 60 degrees of total advance.

I have no plan what that means? (my technical english aint that good).
Could you give more informations - what is meant by degrees

> 3) It is a pain to fit the required 60-2 timing wheel to the crank.

Whats a crank? And what do you mean with the timing wheel.A friend of
mine who was in the team that designed the BMW Z3 engine told me that I
would need four things:
-the rotation
-the temperature
-the CO2 after the zylinder and
-the vacuum before the zylinder
isn't that all - or do I need more data

>         Injectors small enough are hard to find unless you run a low
> fuel
> pressure (around 25-35psi).
>         Also, be prepared for tech info people at fuel injection
> places to
> not be used to your application.  Not many engines make 3hp per cubic
> inch,
> or make 100+Hp on 120cfm of air.
>
> dick protus

THANKS!!!!