fuel injections for motorcycles

Dick Protus djp at comlab.gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 16 22:54:26 GMT 1997

> Dick Protus wrote:
>

> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > is on of you working on - or already finished with a fuel injection
> > for
> > > a motorbike?
> > >
> > > #-) cbh
> > >
> >         I'm working on one for my Honda F3, but the motor is basicaly
> > a smaller,
> > higher revving version of an automotive 4 cylinder.
> >         I've had experience using an electromotive on this engine, but
> > I have
> > "issues" with the electromotive setup.  1)If you want a rev limit, the
> > highest the software allows is 12000RPM, stock redline is 13500.
>
> the CBX has its highest RPM with 9600 (so the engine does somthing aroud
> 11000 without any harm). But it is good to know those things - thanks
>
> > 2)Software only allows for max of 60 degrees of total advance.
>
> I have no plan what that means? (my technical english aint that good).
> Could you give more informations - what is meant by degrees

	I may have gotten ahead of you.  You are just interested in the
fuel injection part from what I gather, the advance has to do with the
timing of the spark for the ignition (which I usually think of as part of
a fuel injection controller, but not always/usually the case).  The degreees
is how many angular degrees before the cylinder reaches top dead center that
the spark is fired.

> > 3) It is a pain to fit the required 60-2 timing wheel to the crank.
>
> Whats a crank? And what do you mean with the timing wheel.A friend of
> mine who was in the team that designed the BMW Z3 engine told me that I
> would need four things:
> -the rotation
> -the temperature
> -the CO2 after the zylinder and
> -the vacuum before the zylinder
> isn't that all - or do I need more data

	Yes if you just want a simple controller for just fuel injection,
although the CO2 after the cylinder confuses me.  I'm not familiar with
measuring CO2, maybe someone else can help me out here, or maybe you mean
to measure oxygen with ego sensor?
	The timing wheel on the crank shaft (what the pistons are attached to)
provides two things -rotation speed and -rotation angle.  You'll only need the
rotation speed and you may be able to use the tach signal.

dick protus