A/F Meter readings

Thor Johnson johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
Thu Sep 18 04:18:07 GMT 1997

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, John O Hornfeck wrote:

> Drove the car again today. The A/F meter stopped functioning after
> 15 min of 70mph. Used my multi meter at the Ox port and there was 0
> volts. Drove the car another 10 min and the gauge began functioning and
> the Ox port was reading normally 0-.5 volts.

 I have heard ofheating causing a short/open... to find out, my book
recommends that you take to O2 sensor and stick the sensing part in the
flame of a blowtorch.... dunno, but this gave me *some* readings on my
unheated varieties (could event tell what was rich/lean in a flame ;),
and didn't seem to hurt them, except for killing the antisieze on the
threads.

                Thor Johnson
          johnsont at falcon.cs.mercer.edu
     http://falcon.cs.mercer.edu/~johnsont