Hall Effect Ignition / injection.

Clare Snyder clsnyde at ibm.net
Sun Sep 21 03:10:40 GMT 1997

Just wondering if anyone out there has a simple answer to this question. Not
exactly EFI, but heading that way.
If I want to use the hall effect pickup from a Chrysler 2.2 distributor to
fire a simple ignition system how do I do it? I understand one of the three
wires on the hall effect is ground, one is Vcc, and the other is a current
sinking output.
Does it sink current when the vane is in proximity to the sensor, or when it
is not?
What would it take to interface the hall effect switch to a HEI ignition
module? Is there a cheaper, more readily available, and/or better module to
use for this purpose. I want it small and light, and reliable. Will be
firing single coil, waste fire system.
TIA