DIY_EFI Digest V2 #331

Jake jerkey at anet-chi.com
Tue Sep 23 17:43:47 GMT 1997

> The GSL-SE had a very touchy EFI system.  I have seen/heard many
> promlems/complaints when using this system.  I would not bother with a 12A
> engine.  If you want to go EFI get a wrecked 2nd gen car, preferably a '89

all i have to say about this is: dont bother rebuilding an RX-7 engine
unless you're masochistic, and have a lot of spare cash to waste. You will
spend less money buying a complete engine (FI computer and all) from a
junkyard than to rebuild your 12A.

>      I have a question about the outputs of a knock sensor.
>
>      Any advice appreciated......
>
>      Adrian
>      avos at cochlear.com.au

well, the simplest way to find out the output of a knock sensor is to
monitor its output, and tap the block (near the sensor) with a hammer
several times, lightly.. ping ping ping.. this is a repair-manual
documented procedure for simulating pinging, and the output of your knock
sensor will be that which occurs under detonation.

Jake