Humidity

Charles Fulton cf352197 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 23 17:40:43 GMT 1997

Michael Skolones wrote:

> I'm afraid there's an energy conservation problem in this hypothesis.  The
> energy produced by the hydrogen/oxygen combustion will be equal to the energy
> required to split the water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen in the first
> place. The net energy change due to this water combustion cycle will be zero.
> Mike Skolones

True it does take energy to split the Hydrogen and Oxygen but we must remember that an internal combustion engine is not even
close to 100% efficient or else the exhaust wouldn't be any hotter than the air going in.  So why couldn't some of the
otherwise wasted heat be used to break down water and reuse the components in a more productive way.  We don't violate
conservation of energy with this just convert otherwise unused energy into a useable form.  Water injection is a proven method
as is nitrous, and there are plenty of guys to tell you that nitrous makes more power.

Charlie