DIY_EFI Digest V2 #334

Jake jerkey at anet-chi.com
Thu Sep 25 02:57:18 GMT 1997

My opinion on this whole HUMIDITY topic is that on a turbocharged engine
(who cares about n.a.) the intercooler will benefit from the increased
cooling potential of the air passing over it, and since your turbo will
pack more air into the cylinder (to compensate for the decreased oxygen,
assuming you have a closed loop boost limiter) and the extra water will
act as "packing" just like in a shotgun. I know that my intercooled volvo
was QUITE faster in humid cool weather than regular cool weather, although
maximum roar was achieved in the dead of winter.

Hey, everybody.. i'm working on a sequential port fuel injection system
which has NO computer and NO MAF sensor.. just a MAP sensor (or a duplex
map sensor) and some good-old radio shack electronics. I'll explain soon..
it should be the carburetor of EFIs.. that's a good thing.

> haven't tried it, but a wire map with nos. assigned to each pin
> and then resistance checks should do it.  You'd have to have the
> board empty, but then you could use a conductive brush to speed up
> the "scanning" process and once you finished with an area you wouldn't
> have to go back, so you would begin to eliminate portions of the PCB.
>
> Can't see why this wouldn't work with any no. of layers
> Tom Cloud

well, assuming that the total number of connections on the PCB (all pins
of all chips and conectors and resistors/caps/transistors) exceeded 100,
you'd have to sit through over a billion pokes with your multimeter. (100
factorial). If i had to do it, i would create a PC controlled peripheral,
wired to all the traces on the board, to do all the combinations for me. I
assume it would take less than a week.

> Anyway, anyone want copies of what I've got, let me know
>
> Tom Cloud

send it to me.. anything you have. I'm not interested in anything
specific, just everything, for the educational value.

Jake