300HP Crate and TBI

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 25 03:40:03 GMT 1997

Kevin Vannorsdel wrote:

> I recently installed a 300HP Chevy Crate motor in my 87 K5 Blazer with
> stock
> TBI injection.  I am looking for anyone interested in discussing
> issues related
> to getting this thing to run decent...
>
> I am currently dealing with JET to get some custom calibration- not
> having much
> luck.
>
> Does anyone have any stories to tell?
>
> Thanks!

>   Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
>     408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

   Hi Kevin,  you can buy software that will convert your eprom.  I
bought it for my 87 vette and have really had fun.  Check the Oct 97 Hot
Rod page 84 for an article on the guy who sells it.  TTS Power Systems.
I bought my software for $300.00.  I've done about 50 revisions to my
prom as continue to refine my tuning.  He can also sell you a pre-burned
chip.  Steve Cole is the owner.  310-669-8101 in Compton CA.

I have enjoyed working with Steve and his product gave me access to my
ecm

Mark.