Hijacking OEM hardware - '51 EFI project

Jeffrey Engel jengel at fastlane.net
Sat Sep 27 03:26:21 GMT 1997

Webb <cwebb at polarnet.com explained:

<snip relevent discussion>

> The C compiler is the old "small C" written by Hendrix (not
> Jimmie I hope) for the '86 and ported to '51. All source code is
> supplied. It is limited, but more than I am used to.

<laughter>  Well, actually it's James E. Hendrix!  I have no idea if
he plays guitar.

<more plunder>

If you don't mind a dissenting opinion,  I prefer the '332 and the
extra computing power (and semi-free development tools).

My wish list includes dual injectors, CAN, Sequential EFI and the
boost control.  I feel that the '332 provides a good foundation to
work with.  The extra speed will be needed when I start throwing
poorly written code at it. . .

je
jengel at fastlane.net

     "I can resist anything but temptation"