Hijacking OEM hardware - '51 EFI project

Webb cwebb at polarnet.com
Sat Sep 27 02:37:30 GMT 1997

--------------E6783E6A64FB362CDABC9D86

Alex - looks like you and I are paralleling each other to some
extent. As for the analog interface stuff - the '552 board
(actually the chip itself) has 8 channels of A/D. I just averaged
this over several measurements (have not yet experimented with
the optimum number - initially used 4)

There are a fair number of '51 debuggers available free. Intel
has one that I have downloaded. The LM1949 - National will supply
free samples - takes them a while.

The C compiler is the old "small C" written by Hendrix (not
Jimmie I hope) for the '86 and ported to '51. All source code is
supplied. It is limited, but more than I am used to.

This is too big a project to eschew the tools that have been
built for the purpose. We have plenty of computational power.
Write in C then hand optimize.

http://www.hitex.com/automation/FAQ/8051/4.htm

 8051 debugger

 1949 free samples

alex nicu wrote:

> $89 for a single board computer with 552 it's not bad ( your uC
> is 552
> or 562 ?).
>  What kind of C you are using ?
> Better try to use assembler than C , you will be faster .
> You have any debugger for your board ?
> >From my experience , without a debuger with trace option , you
> are lost
> .
> If anyone is thinking to start a common project with '51 uC
> I'll be glad
> to be on the list . For the beginning , I can make public my
> development
> system for '51 uC ( which can be expanded to '552 )
> I have schematics , gerber files and all the software for this
> system .
> The software have 2 components , one on the dev system and one
> on PC ,
> and , yes , you have trace and you can monitor your registers
> and your
> memory from PC via serial link .
> For the analog interface ( sensor signal conditioning ) any
> input will
> be apreciate .
> On my projects I'm using already ignition signal , MAP sensor
> signal ,
> throttle position sensor signal , and O2 sensor signal .
> It's nothing special to fire the injector . Now , I'm using a
> normal
> darlington transistor without any problems . Of course this can
> be
> improved by using an LM1949 ( if I'm not wrong ) , but till now
> I can't
> get one .
> Alex
> http://home.onestop.net/nalex

--------------E6783E6A64FB362CDABC9D86

<HTML>
Alex - looks like you and I are paralleling each other to some extent.
As for the analog interface stuff - the '552 board (actually the chip itself)
has 8 channels of A/D. I just averaged this over several measurements (have
not yet experimented with the optimum number - initially used 4)

<P>There are a fair number of '51 debuggers available free. Intel has one
that I have downloaded. The LM1949 - National will supply free samples
- takes them a while.

<P>The C compiler is the old "small C" written by Hendrix (not Jimmie I
hope) for the '86 and ported to '51. All source code is supplied. It is
limited, but more than I am used to.

<P>This is too big a project to eschew the tools that have been built for
the purpose. We have plenty of computational power. Write in C then hand
optimize.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://www.hitex.com/automation/FAQ/8051/4.htm">http://www.hitex.com/automation/FAQ/8051/4.htm</A>

<P>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://www.hitex.com/automation/FAQ/8051/4.htm">8051
debugger</A>

<P>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://www.national.com/samples">1949 free samples</A>
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>alex nicu wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>$89 for a single board computer with 552 it's not
bad ( your uC is 552
<BR>or 562 ?).
<BR>&nbsp;What kind of C you are using ?
<BR>Better try to use assembler than C , you will be faster .
<BR>You have any debugger for your board ?
<BR>>From my experience , without a debuger with trace option , you are
lost
<BR>.
<BR>If anyone is thinking to start a common project with '51 uC I'll be
glad
<BR>to be on the list . For the beginning , I can make public my development
<BR>system for '51 uC ( which can be expanded to '552 )
<BR>I have schematics , gerber files and all the software for this system