Using OEM (GM) ECM

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:27:24 GMT 1997

>	What is your project? Retro fitting efi to older vehicle is mainly
>modifying wire harness, re plumbing fuel system. This assumes that efi
>bolts right on to older eng - example tpi on to small block chevy. Setup
>will generally run pretty good without tweaking prom valves. Of course if
>ya want more ... ya will needed to adjust valves in prom.
>

>Vance

Vance, if you're retro-fitting an sd system, then the engine's
configuration and usage must be pretty close to what the prom
is set up for .... changing heads or cams or CR will cause a
problem.  If it's maf, then it's easier but, even then, there
is an outer bound the controller will not be able to cope with.
I'm in the same search mode .... my E303 cam (and 351 vs 302 engine)
necessitates a timing change plus fuel changes  --  tell me how to do
that with a stock system and I'll be eternally grateful   8^)

Tom Cloud

      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!