Using OEM (GM) ECM

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:27:23 GMT 1997

  ... snip .....

>Thanks Vance.  Bolting a relatively stock EFI setup onto a relatively stock engine
>isn't too much of a problem.

  ....... snip s'more

>But I'm not going to try these without some way to adjust the fuel and spark
>outputs from the computer.  And I'm on this list to find a way to do it.
>

>Shannen

precisely ...  Sandy's pushing the 332, and I like the thought of
playing with the hardware and the software .... it's been a long
time since I've really designed any hardware or wrote any "useful"
software .... too much time in academia (if you can call a Community
College "Academia"  ;-)

but, time constraints (and, of course, dinero) necessitate a more
pragmatic evaluation of the project .... hence my continuing desire
to take an existing (i.e. oem) hardware platform and either modify
its code or completely re-code it.  Methinks modifying the code
might not ever give the desired results as there's probably too
much epa overhead in it, but then the design of a new set of algorithms
might be too time intensive -- especially since I don't have a chassis
dyno to check things out with (course, this same argument can be made
if just doing mods to the oem software) so ....  ??

Tom Cloud

      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids!