No Subject

Joe Cheng hoefi at ibm.net
Tue Sep 30 03:31:00 GMT 1997

Hi:

I am new to the list. I have a 3-cylinder, 1000cc, 2-stroke engine in my =
race car and due to high g-force, the carbs are no longer working. =
Currently looking for a EFI system  and have the following questions:

1)   With oil in the fuel ( 32:1 ratio), can I still run an O2 sensor ? =
Will the oil foul the sensor. I heard some Mazda Rotary race engines run =
oil in the gas (at 100:1 ratio) and have no problem with their O2 =
sensors.

2)   When sizing the injectors, I was told by Haltech (Australia) that =
for 2-stroke engines you have to double the injector size for the same =
HP output in a 4-stroke engine. My engine currently is putting out 210 =
hp from 3 cylinders. However, Haltech (USA) said size the injectors =
strictly base on HP figures. Anyone out there with experience on =
2-stroke engines ???

3)   Who is a good supplier for throttle bodies. I need single =
individual ones to replace motorcycle type carbs. Any advantage in =
having one common throttle opening shaft instead of three individual =
ones ?

Thanks in advance.

Joe