your mail

Bruno! b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 05:08:16 GMT 1997

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Joe Cheng wrote:

> 2) When sizing the injectors, I was told by Haltech
(Australia) that for 2-stroke engines you have to double the injector size
for the same HP output in a 4-stroke engine. My engine currently is
putting out 210 hp from 3 cylinders. However, Haltech (USA) said size the
injectors strictly base on HP figures. Anyone out there with experience on
2-stroke engines ??? >

> 3) Who is a good supplier for throttle bodies. I
need single individual ones to replace motorcycle type carbs. Any
advantage in having one common throttle opening shaft instead of three
individual ones ? > > Thanks in advance. > > Joe

Have you thought about using the throttles from the motorcycle carbs, and
not feeding them fuel? if you can afford to butcher them, some of the
circuits for feding fuel and air to the throat will have to be blocked
off, and also the venturies can be removed, leaving a fairly straight
path for the the air to flow through. the injector will have to be
mounted after the throttle plate (closer to engine than throttle), maybe
with a new manifold, if the existing one does not have enough length in it.

if the throttle shaft actuates the butterfly in the same plane as they are
mounted (ie along x-axis, if they are mounted horizontally (?)) you might
be able to put one shaft through the lot. The need for balancing them
would be avoided, though small differences in the air requirement for
each cylinder may not be able to be tweaked as with individual throttle
shafts. If i could find some 5/16" that wasn't in mild steel, i would
have tried this by now.

What sort of rpm are you getting?

Good luck,

		 Bruno. (b.marzano at student.canberra.edu.au)

                On the internet, no-one can hear you scream.